Great news! We are hiring again and if you would like to join our team in Glasgow and have the right stuff we would love to hear from you.
Macs Adventure is a fast growing niche tour operator specialising in self guided walking, cycling and active holidays in the UK and Europe. We are looking for experienced travel professionals to join our team of Destination and Adventure Specialists.
Would you like to join our small, friendly and professional team at Macs’ Towers? We offer a great working environment, excellent salary and opportunities for training and promotion.
If you have travelled extensively, are passionate about activity and adventure travel and have previous experience of working in the travel industry we would love to hear from you.
We currently have the following vacancy:
Destination & Adventure Specialist
- Delivering outstanding customer experiences.
- Managing the whole customer experience from enquiry through booking accommodation, compiling customer information packs to post trip follow-up.
- Building long term relationships with our customers.
- Building long term and productive relationships with our suppliers.
- Actively seeking out new product opportunities and experiences to enhance customer experiences.
- Being actively involved in and inputting into the new product development process.
- Developing as product specialists with exceptional knowledge and passion for your area of expertise.
- Booking accommodation, transfers and holiday ancillaries and liaising with suppliers.
- Booking processing and administration.
- Ad hoc duties to assist in running of the business and office.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Great selling and negotiation skills.
- Problem solving skills and an ability to think outside the box.
- Conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent computer literacy required including fluency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Publisher and Internet Explorer.
- Experience of working with computer based reservation systems.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail are essential.
- Flexibility and a willingness to learn and develop are essential for this small, rapidly expanding business.
- Industry knowledge.
- Knowledge of specialist area.
- High level of product knowledge.
- A real people person who loves interacting with a variety of people of a daily basis.
- You should get a buzz from exceeding customer expectations.
- Innovative and embrace change and new challenges.
- A team player who supports colleagues and the company in achieving shared goals.
- Customer Satisfaction Ratings & Reviews
- Sales volumes and margins (both as an individual and team)
- New product ideas and development
- Prior travel industry experience in a similar role or a recognised travel industry qualification is required.
- You must be passionate about travel and be committed to a career in travel.
- A genuine passion for the outdoors, adventure travel and your speciality.
- Monday to Friday (Occasional Saturdays (1 week in 8 ) will be required)
- Normally 9:00 – 5:30 (30 minute lunch break) and an evening shift rota (until 7:00).
- 40 hours per week
- Flexible working is available subject to agreed parameters.
- Macs Adventure office in Glasgow. (or possible home working)
- Salary £15 – 20 000 Per Annum
- 20 days annual leave.
- 8 Public Holidays.
- Up to 5 days additional leave can be taken per annum as unpaid leave.
If you think you have the necessary skills and experience to make a positive experience to the Macs Adventure team please send email your CV and a spectacular covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Join the team at Macs Adventure.
- Join the Team at Macs Adventure Holidays
- Product Manager Vacancy
- Marketing & Communications Executive
- Careers at Macs Adventure