Assistant Management Accountant | Hybrid
Are you a QBE or part qualified accountant who is looking to develop their career and has a love for adventure, the outdoors and a passion for travel? If so, this is a great opportunity to continue your professional development in a fast-moving international travel business where you will be supported to complete your qualifications and develop your accountancy experience.
Reporting directly to Lauren Bain, our Management Accountant, this is a key role in our expanding finance team.
About Macs Adventure
We’re an adventure tour operator on a mission to be the leading global brand in self-guided, active travel.
Welcoming over 30,000 customers on over 600 walking and cycling trips to destinations around the world, we employ over 100 people across the UK, US and Germany who share our purpose to lead, advocate & enable self-guided, active travel as a positive force for people and planet.
We’re an adventurous business with an ambitious vision. Our aim is to triple the size of the business by 2026. We want to do this the right way and have set ourselves another important goal of achieving BCorp status within 2 years.
Our culture reflects these ambitions. We’re a fast-paced organisation and we like to have fun along the way. We’re looking for people who can grow with Macs and join us on our journey. It’s not the easy route, we’re looking for people who enjoy challenges, love learning and want to make an impact and relate to our core values;
- Love the journey: A Macs trip is all about the journey, not the destination. We are all believers in Macs’ unique brand of self-guided, active travel and shout about it. As more travellers convert to the Macs Way, we accept our business will grow and change. We welcome new connections, and embrace to new opportunities. Carpe diem!
- Take a different path: We’re not different for different’s sake; but we won’t succeed if we’re just the same as everyone else. We devise creative solutions to problems, find new ways of doing things, and trust colleagues who are doing so too. We are brave and feel empowered to take the initiative. We ask ourselves: is what I’m doing authentically Macs?
- Tread thoughtfully: We are considerate, empathetic and try to put ourselves in our customers’, suppliers’ and each other’s shoes. We support local, and find ways of having less negative impact on the planet. We find ways of having positive impact on people and communities. We are fair, and we do the right thing.
- Go the extra mile: We know that creating a perfect #MacsMoment involves going that bit further. We imagine the best feedback we can get and set out to earn it. We take ownership and accountability – it’s yours, not someone else’s, problem. We step up and help our team mates when they need us.
What you’ll do;
You’ll be assisting with all tasks associated with month-end reporting and other activities to support the management accountant in their role, whilst learning along the way.
What you’ll bring;
- Ideally, 2 years experience in a similar role either QBE or part-qualified.
- If not already started, an interest in pursuing ACCA/CIMA qualifications.
- A drive to work in a fast-growing business while developing your accounting knowledge.
- Experience of working with Netsuite or similar accounting package.
- Problem solving skills and an ability to think outside the box.
- Excellent Excel and other MS systems skills.
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
You could belong here;
To deliver adventures for more than 30,000 customers we need to build a company that’s reflective of their diversity. We’re building an inclusive workplace that promotes and values difference, where everyone, from any background, can do their best work and be proud to belong.
What we’ll offer
As well as your salary (£28,000 plus bonus);
- ANNUAL LEAVE: We’re an inclusive employer and celebrate diversity. We want you to be able to take holidays that matter to you, so 8 public holidays are included in your annual leave allowance of 33 days, which increases to 35 days after 5 years service.
- BIRTHDAY BOOSTER: An extra day off on your birthday!
- PENSION: We offer a contributory pension scheme.
- DISCOUNTS: You are eligible for great discounts on Macs Adventure trips!
- TRAVEL INSURANCE: We provide you and your spouse/partner/children with annual worldwide travel insurance.
- FLEXIBLE WORKING: A flexible work culture you’ll be able to work from home as well as coming into our hub office in Glasgow 3 days a week to collaborate with colleagues.
- GETTING TOGETHER: Regular team, management and leadership meetings and retreats.
- CULTURE: An innovative, fast growth, international and solution focused culture, where we work hard to embed our values across the business.
- L&D: We support regular learning and development opportunities.
- WELLBEING: We'll support you in looking after your health and wellbeing so you can do your best work.
- TRAVEL: Occasional international travel may be required.
- IMPACT: The opportunity to make a difference in people’s lives and the planet.