Customer Experience Specialist
£22,000 plus bonus
Office/Hybrid - Glasgow City Centre
Do you love working with customers to create great experiences that lead to lasting loyalty? Do you have a love for adventure, the outdoors and a passion for travel? If you do, we'd love to hear from you!
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an ambitious, fast-growing international business and progress your career in a customer facing role that is so much more than customer service. We work with our customers from the moment they put their walking boots on to ensure they have the best adventures possible and act as their voice across our business to drive continuous improvement based on their feedback.
Reporting directly to Erin Pattie, our Customer Experience & Loyalty Manager, this role in our Customer Experience (CX) team is suited for someone who gets a real kick out of solving for the customer.
About Macs Adventure
We’re an adventure tour operator on a mission to be the leading global brand in self-guided, active travel.
Welcoming over 30,000 customers on over 600 walking and cycling trips to destinations around the world, we employ over 100 people across the UK, US and Germany who share our purpose to lead, advocate & enable self-guided, active travel as a positive force for people and planet.
We’re an adventurous business with an ambitious vision. Our aim is to triple the size of the business by 2026. We want to do this the right way and have set ourselves another important goal of achieving BCorp status within 2 years.
Our culture reflects these ambitions. We’re a fast-paced organisation and we like to have fun along the way. We’re looking for people who can grow with Macs and join us on our journey. It’s not the easy route, we’re looking for people who enjoy challenges, love learning and want to make an impact and relate to our core values;
- Love the journey: A Macs trip is all about the journey, not the destination. We are all believers in Macs’ unique brand of self-guided, active travel and shout about it. As more travellers convert to the Macs Way, we accept our business will grow and change. We welcome new connections, and embrace to new opportunities. Carpe diem!
- Take a different path: We’re not different for different’s sake; but we won’t succeed if we’re just the same as everyone else. We devise creative solutions to problems, find new ways of doing things, and trust colleagues who are doing so too. We are brave and feel empowered to take the initiative. We ask ourselves: is what I’m doing authentically Macs?
- Tread thoughtfully: We are considerate, empathetic and try to put ourselves in our customers’, suppliers’ and each other’s shoes. We support local, and find ways of having less negative impact on the planet. We find ways of having positive impact on people and communities. We are fair, and we do the right thing.
- Go the extra mile: We know that creating a perfect #MacsMoment involves going that bit further. We imagine the best feedback we can get and set out to earn it. We take ownership and accountability – it’s yours, not someone else’s, problem. We step up and help our team mates when they need us.
What you’ll do
The Customer Experience team are obsessed with Quality and Loyalty. We assist customers while they are in destination to ensure they are having the best experience and we also listen to and report on customer feedback, acting as their voice in the business. We work cross-functionally towards continuous improvement, which in turn brings customers back time and time again.
- Update customers when there are changes to their booking
- Deal with questions and issues customers have whilst they are on trip
- Assist customers in crises or incidents while on trip
- Gather and respond to feedback through surveys and reviews
- Report on feedback trends and make recommendations for improvement
- Recognise and reward loyalty as part of our loyalty scheme
- Monitor and interact with our social media channels, in particular our Facebook community, ensuring we are quick to respond to comments and questions from followers.
What you’ll bring
- It is essential that you have at least 3 years’ experience of customer-facing roles centred around problem-solving and creating customer delight, ideally (although not essentially) in the travel industry.
- Ability to empathise with and be the voice of the customer.
- You will be calm in a crisis and understand when you need to escalate an issue
- Problem solving
- Experience in driving improvement cross functionally
- Strong communication skills
- Above all, you will share our values and demonstrate a true belief in the self-guided, active way of travel.
Not essential, it would be a bonus if you:
- Have travel industry experience.
The knowledge and skills we’ve listed represent “the perfect candidate”. No one’s perfect and we know the ‘confidence gap’ can stop brilliant people applying. If you love the sound of this opportunity please apply, we’d love to hear from you.
You could belong here;
To deliver adventures for more than 30,000 customers we need to build a company that’s reflective of their diversity. We’re building an inclusive workplace that promotes and values difference, where everyone, from any background, can do their best work and be proud to belong.
What we’ll offer
As well as your salary;
- ANNUAL LEAVE: We’re an inclusive employer and celebrate diversity. We want you to be able to take holidays that matter to you, so 8 public holidays are included in your annual leave allowance of 33 days, which increases to 35 days after 5 years’ service.
- BIRTHDAY BOOSTER: An extra day off on your birthday!
- PENSION: We offer a contributory pension scheme.
- DISCOUNTS: You are eligible for great discounts on Macs Adventure trips!
- TRAVEL INSURANCE: We provide you and your spouse/partner/children with annual worldwide travel insurance.
- FLEXIBLE WORKING: A flexible work culture you’ll be able to work from home as well as coming into our hub office in Glasgow to collaborate with colleagues. Our team spend 3 days in the office each week, working together and sharing ideas.
- GETTING TOGETHER: Regular team, management and leadership meetings and retreats.
- CULTURE: An innovative, fast growth, international and solution focused culture, where we work hard to embed our values across the business.
- L&D: We support regular learning and development opportunities.
- WELLBEING. We'll support you in looking after your health and wellbeing so you can do your best work
- TRAVEL: Occasional international travel may be required.
- IMPACT: The opportunity to make a difference in people’s lives and the planet.
Does this sound like your dream job? Please send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining why you would be a perfect match for this role.
Unfortunately, we can only consider applications from candidates who are living and eligible to work in the UK.
We look forward to you joining us on our adventure!