Customer Experience Specialist
This is an exciting opportunity to make an impact and provide an amazing customer experience in a fast-paced, ambitious company. We currently seek an experienced Customer Experience Specialist to join us on our adventure to be the world’s leading self-guided active travel brand.
Macs Adventure is a specialist adventure tour operator on a mission to be the leading global brand in self-guided walking and cycling holidays. We employ nearly 100 people across the UK, US and Germany who share our purpose to lead, advocate & enable self-guided, active travel as a positive force for people and planet. Our team live and breathe our company values: “love the journey”, “take a different path”, “tread thoughtfully” and “go the extra mile”. We have an ambitious vision to quadruple the size of the company by 2026, alongside a goal to achieving BCorp status within the next two years.
Purpose of Role:
The success of Macs Adventure is driven by delivering exceptional customer experiences at every stage of the customer journey (just read of thousands of customer reviews to see how much we care). As part of the Customer Experience and Loyalty Team, during the peak summer travel season the Customer Experience Specialist will focus on the on-trip and post-trip parts of the journey. This means updating customers when there are changes to their booking, dealing with questions and issues customers have whilst they are away, resolving complaints and gathering feedback through surveys and reviews. It will also involve monitoring and interacting with our social media channels, in particular our Facebook community, ensuring we are quick to respond to comments and questions from followers.
When travel is quieter during the winter, the role will support the Sales Team with new enquiries, answering customer queries using LiveChat and email and proactively engaging with VIP customers. This will also be the time for house-keeping – ensuring customer documentation is up-to-date and insight and recommendations from customers have been fed back into the business, as well as promoted in our marketing channels.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a customer-obsessed expert with proven customer service skills. It is essential that you have at least 3 years’ experience of customer-facing roles centred around problem-solving and creating customer delight, ideally (although not essentially) in the travel industry. Your strengths will centre around your ability to empathise with and be the voice of the customer. You will be calm in a crisis and understand when you need to escalate an issue. You will of course be a communication ninja and get a real kick from problem solving, making customers happy and driving improvements in customer experience. Above all, you will share our values and demonstrate a true belief in the self-guided, active way of travel.
- The role is primarily based in our Glasgow office, although we will consider requests for hybrid home/office working once training is complete
- Normal office hours are 9-5.30, although we will consider requests for flexible hours and are particularly open to late shifts to support our US team
- We will consider part-time working requests (min 4 days/week)
- There will be two all-company off-sites each year
Some of the things you can expect when you join our team:
- Competitive salary of £24k (full time) plus performance related bonus
- Initially 25 days annual leave (plus 8 bank holidays), increasing to 27 days after 5 years
- An extra day off on your birthday!
- Contributory pension scheme
- Optional enhanced maternity pay
- Great discounts on Macs Adventure trips
- Regular team, management and leadership meetings and retreats
- An innovative, fast growth, international and solution-focused culture
- Regular learning and development opportunities
- Some international travel (familiarisation trips)
Does this sound like your dream job? Please send your CV, an awesome cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining why you would be a perfect match for this role.
We look forward to you joining us on our adventure!