c£25k pa plus bonus
Hybrid/Office – Glasgow City Centre
Opportunities to join an adventure tour operator undergoing global digital expansion don’t come along very often. Due to rapid growth, we are looking for an experienced PPC Executive with a passion for travel to join our journey here at Macs Adventure as part of our successful Performance Marketing Team.
With at least 1 years’ experience running and managing PPC campaigns, you will have a good understanding of all digital paid media channels including Paid social and display. You will work closely with the Paid Media Manager to develop PPC campaigns, analyse and report on all digital channels to identify key trends and opportunities, competitor reporting and general optimisation.
Eager to learn and develop in the role, you will be adept at identifying your own training needs and excited at the learning opportunities we have to offer to support you in taking a hands-on approach in supporting on all paid media activity.
About Macs Adventure
We’re an adventure tour operator on a mission to be the leading global brand in self-guided, active travel.
Welcoming over 30,000 customers on over 600 walking and cycling trips to destinations around the world, we employ over 100 people across the UK, US and Germany who share our purpose to lead, advocate & enable self-guided, active travel as a positive force for people and planet.
We’re an adventurous business with an ambitious vision. Our aim is to triple the size of the business by 2026. We want to do this the right way and have set ourselves another important goal of achieving BCorp status within 2 years.
Our culture reflects these ambitions. We’re a fast-paced organisation and we like to have fun along the way. We’re looking for people who can grow with Macs and join us on our journey. It’s not the easy route, we’re looking for people who enjoy challenges, love learning and want to make an impact and relate to our core values;
- Love the journey: A Macs trip is all about the journey, not the destination. We are all believers in Macs’ unique brand of self-guided, active travel and shout about it. As more travellers convert to the Macs Way, we accept our business will grow and change. We welcome new connections and embrace to new opportunities. Carpe diem!
- Take a different path: We’re not different for different’s sake; but we won’t succeed if we’re just the same as everyone else. We devise creative solutions to problems, find new ways of doing things, and trust colleagues who are doing so too. We are brave and feel empowered to take the initiative. We ask ourselves: is what I’m doing authentically Macs?
- Tread thoughtfully: We are considerate, empathetic and try to put ourselves in our customers’, suppliers’ and each other’s shoes. We support local and find ways of having a less negative impact on the planet. We find ways of having positive impact on people and communities. We are fair, and we do the right thing.
- Go the extra mile: We know that creating a perfect #MacsMoment involves going that bit further. We imagine the best feedback we can get and set out to earn it. We take ownership and accountability – it’s yours, not someone else’s, problem. We step up and help our teammates when they need us.
What you’ll do
- Support in the build and optimisation of PPC campaigns on Google and Bing; this will include SQRs, keyword and negative expansion, ad copy implementation and supporting the Paid Media Manager in bid optimisation.
- Monitor and track daily and monthly budgets and performance across campaigns in line with target CPAs with support from the Paid Media Manager.
- Provide regular reporting on the performance of PPC campaigns, including traffic, CPA and other KPIs to understand fluctuations in performance and identify opportunities for expansion.
- Work closely with the Paid Media Manager on AB split testing through drafts and experiments to build our most efficient set of campaigns.
- Co-ordinating campaigns across digital channels to align the messaging across all paid media.
- Conduct competitor analysis to identify opportunities and trends in the market.
- Contribute to and align with the paid media calendar and marketing content calendar to produce content for paid social media including seasonal trends and key dates.
- Work closely with the Brand and wider marketing team to ensure organic and paid social media strategies align with the annual digital marketing plan, mutually supporting with activity when required.
- Developing knowledge and understanding of paid social and display to support the Head of Performance deliver a full-funnel media strategy.
- Working with other departments to ensure plans are in line with business goals and objectives.
- Stay up to date with industry trends, emerging technologies, and PPC best practices to continually improve and innovate the paid search programme.
What you’ll bring
- You will have a passion for active and adventure travel.
- A knowledge of what makes a successful digital marketing campaign.
- Open minded / collaborative approach to PPC testing / account structure.
- Proactive by nature, and keen to drive the direction of performance marketing strategy.
- An excellent eye for proofing and detail.
- Able to multitask, prioritise and establish deadlines to ensure competing objectives are met.
- Interpersonal and team skills enable you to build great relationships internally and externally.
- A highly confident, competent, and articulate individual who can communicate professionally across all levels.
- Able to work under pressure motivated to achieve targets and demonstrate a positive attitude.
- Learning orientated with a desire to learn more about the digital landscape and advances in PPC.
- A hands-on individual is willing to go the extra mile for customers, colleagues, and the business.
Not essential, it would be a bonus if you
- Travel Industry experience.
- Have completed Google Ads Certification for Search.
- Experience managing PPC campaigns in global markets.
- Previous management of digital campaigns in the travel vertical.
- Experience of managing paid social campaigns across Meta.
- Familiarity with full funnel strategy, planning and execution.
- Programmatic display or experience with remarketing or display partners.
- Experience managing product feeds across dynamic ad placement.
- Knowledge/experience of affiliate marketing.
Some candidates may see this list and feel discouraged because they don’t match all the requirements. If this is your ideal job please apply anyway, there’s a good chance you’re more wonderful than you think you are.
You could belong here;
To deliver adventures for more than 30,000 customers we need to build a company that’s reflective of their diversity. We’re building an inclusive workplace that promotes and values difference, where everyone, from any background, can do their best work and be proud to belong.
What we’ll offer
As well as your salary;
- ANNUAL LEAVE: We’re an inclusive employer and celebrate diversity. We want you to be able to take holidays that matter to you, so 8 public holidays are included in your annual leave allowance of 33 days, which increases to 35 days after 5 years’ service.
- BIRTHDAY BOOSTER: An extra day off on your birthday!
- PENSION: We offer a contributory pension scheme.
- DISCOUNTS: You are eligible for great discounts on Macs Adventure trips!
- TRAVEL INSURANCE: We provide you and your spouse/partner/children with annual worldwide travel insurance.
- FLEXIBLE WORKING: A flexible work culture you’ll be able to work from home as well as coming into our hub office in central Glasgow to collaborate with colleagues.
- GETTING TOGETHER: Regular team, management and leadership meetings and retreats.
- CULTURE: An innovative, fast growth, international and solution focused culture, where we work hard to embed our values across the business.
- L&D: We support regular learning and development opportunities.
- WELLBEING: We'll support you in looking after your health and wellbeing so you can do your best work.
- TRAVEL: Occasional international travel may be required.
- IMPACT: The opportunity to make a difference in people’s lives and the planet.