Iceland Explorer: Drive & Hike
- Explore the South Coast, East Fjords and Lake Myvatn by car and on foot
- Jokulsarlon glacial lagoon, filled with huge icebergs of turquoise hues
- The thundering waterfalls of Gulfoss, Skogafoss and Dettifoss
- The colourful fishing villages of the East Fjords
- Myvatn, scattered with bubbling mud-pots, lava formations and hot springs
ItineraryDay 1 Arrive Reykjavik Day 2 Golden Circle—Thingvellir, Gulfoss and Geysir Day 3 Seljalandsfoss and Skogafoss Waterfalls Day 4 Skaftafell National Park Day 5 Skaftafell and Jokulsarlon Day 6 Drive to the East Fjords Day 7 Free Day in Seydisfjordur Day 8 Lake Myvatn & Asbyrgi Day 9 Myvatn Local Walks Day 10 Husavik, Drive to Akureyri, Fly to Reykjavik Day 11 Onward Travel
This trip has a carbon score of 12kg per person per day, meaning it’s one of our greenest trips! For comparison, a carbon count of 12kg is equivalent to 5 bunches of flowers (grown in the Netherlands).
Here at Macs, we pride ourselves on being a responsible travel company and continue to adopt, develop and innovate ways to positively impact the environment.
Find out more information on how we've carbon counted our trips.
Valentines day | Enjoy a soak in Europe's hot springs2 Min Read13 February 2019
WalkingIceland: Exploring the Wonderfully Wild Landscape4 Min Read18 November 2016
Walk of the Week: Around Iceland2 Min Read20 July 2016
12 must-sees in Southern Iceland2 Min Read30 October 2014
WalkingIceland: Myths, magic and magnificence4 Min Read15 October 2014
WalkingThe 5 Best Places to Walk or Hike in July2 Min Read13 June 2014
Walking10 great reasons to visit Iceland2 Min Read25 July 2013