Adventure Sales Support Specialist | North America
Do you have a passion for active adventure travel and experience in a fast-paced customer-facing role? If so, we want to hear from you! We are hiring for Adventure Sales Support Specialists on a full-time basis for an immediate start. Roles are based on a hybrid office/home basis in the Greater Denver Area.
Working alongside the other talented members of the Macs Sales team, you will support our Adventure Sales Specialists with sales and customer service to propel our growth, ensuring that the customer has an unforgettable experience throughout their journey with Macs Adventure from initial enquiry to post-trip feedback.
Macs Adventure is an adventure tour operator arranging self-guided, transformative active travel experiences for independently-minded people interested in the world around them. We employ over 100 adventurous people across the UK, US and Germany who share our purpose: To connect people and make a positive impact on the planet through adventure travel. We are on a mission to be the World’s leading self-guided active travel company, be a great place to work, deliver outstanding customer experiences, make an impact and be profitable.
Working across our international markets the sales team, who are responsible for the entire customer journey, is a key driver of the fast international growth of Macs Adventure. Made up of Travel Sales Specialists, Sales Managers and Adventure Sales Support Specialists, our sales team is a customer-focused, passionate, organised, competitive, resilient and persuasive group with a hands-on attitude who make things happen together. Internally the sales team works closely with the operations, product, marketing and customer service teams. Key external relationships include our customers, travel agents and trade partners and suppliers.
Your day-to-day role will include :
- Answer phone calls, live chats, and customer tickets.
- Building rapport and understanding the needs of the customers.
- Answering customer questions on a broad range of trips and destinations, the customer MyAccount, the Macs Adventure App and customer documentation.
- Process customer payments and collect overdue payments.
- Use sales technology such as a CRM and Zendesk efficiently.
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure seamless delivery of trips for customers.
- General administrative tasks to support customers and the sales team.
- Be an active positive member of the team.
- Actively support your colleagues and be there for them.
- Contribute and participate in team calls and meetings.
Who are we looking for?
- You have a passion for active and adventure travel with extensive experience and knowledge of the destinations and activities we offer.
- 1+ years of experience in fast-paced customer-facing roles.
- Outstanding customer service and problem-solving skills.
- An excellent eye for detail and administrative skills.
- Able to multitask, prioritise and establish deadlines to ensure competing objectives are met.
- Interpersonal and team skills which enable you to build great relationships internally and
- Highly confident, competent, and articulate individual who can communicate professionally across all levels.
- Able to work under pressure, motivated to achieve targets and demonstrate a positive attitude
- Learning orientated.
- Resilient and flexible.
- A hands-on individual willing to go the extra mile for customers, colleagues, and the business.
- You share our values:
- Love the Journey
- Take a Different Path
- Go the Extra Mile
- Tread Thoughtfully
Macs Adventure is a great place to work, with an engaged group of staff, an excellent work environment and the opportunity to make a difference. We have high expectations of our team, and in return, we give back to make sure you can do your job well and enjoy yourself while you’re at it.
If you are looking for a challenging, fast-paced environment, where you are learning every day (sometimes faster than is comfortable) and can make a real difference and build an impactful career then Macs will be a great fit for you. We are looking for passionate individuals with the ambition to share our vision and passion for creating a business that connects people with transformative active travel experiences across the world.
Some of the things you can expect when you join our team:
- Competitive base salary of $45,000 base for Colorado residents.
- Participation in the Macs Adventure bonus plan.
- 37.5-hour work week.
- Hybrid home/office schedule with an inviting office in central Denver.
- Initially 15 days PTO increasing to 20 days after 6 years of service, plus 10 federal holidays.
- An extra day off on your birthday.
- 80% Employer paid health, dental and vision insurance.
- Free travel insurance for you and your direct family.
- Fully paid FAM trips to experience Macs’ adventures yourself.
- TSA pre-check reimbursement.
- Optional enrolment in the company 401 (K) plan after 6 months.
- Great discounts on Macs Adventure trips.
- Regular team meetings and twice annual Macs Fest in the US and UK.
- You are part of a global team with opportunities to collaborate internationally with other offices and even work in them occasionally.
- Regular learning and development opportunities.
- The opportunity to make a difference in people’s lives and the planet.