Marketing Manager | North America
Are you a marketing professional with a passion for active adventure travel? We are hiring for an experienced Marketing Manager to grow our brand awareness in North America. With responsibility for driving market growth, you will utilise a range of marketing channels to build the brand among our target customers. Roles are based on a hybrid office/home basis in the Greater Denver Area.
Working alongside other talented members of the Macs Adventure team, this diverse role will focus on supporting the growth targets Macs Adventure has set out for the USA and Canada.
Macs Adventure is an adventure tour operator arranging self-guided, transformative active travel experiences for independently-minded people interested in the world around them. We employ over 100 adventurous people across the UK, US and Germany who share our purpose: To connect people and make a positive impact on the planet through adventure travel. We are on a mission to be the World’s leading self-guided active travel company, be a great place to work, deliver outstanding customer experiences, make an impact and be profitable.
Working across our international markets, the US team is a customer-focused, passionate, organised, competitive, resilient, and persuasive group with a hands-on attitude who make things happen together. Internally the marketing manager works closely with the UK marketing team and US Sales Director. Key external relationships include our vendors, media, (new) partners and direct customers.
Your day-to-day role will include:
- Collaborate with the Group marketing team and US Sales Director on the North American marketing strategy.
- Design and execute the marketing plan for North America.
- Manage North American regionalisation of Global brand initiatives.
- Work with the Brand Team to produce photography and video assets in the region, including managing relationships with videographers, photographers, and content creators.
- Manage North America marketing budgets.
Managing Email Marketing, Direct Mail, and the US Website
- Create effective email and direct mail campaigns targeting North American customers.
- Manage the email messaging platform and calendar for North America.
- Continuously update the US website (homepage/blog/landing pages) to better speak to the North American customers and support PPC campaigns.
Partnerships, Events and PR
- Establish brand, influencer, and tourist board partnerships within North America to drive brand awareness and leads.
- Set up customer events, presentations to hiking/cycling associations and other ways to spread the word about Macs Adventure.
- Represent Macs Adventure at networking events, tradeshows, and customer events.
- Work with a PR agency and/or North American media to increase brand exposure.
Managing Customer and Internal Needs
- Maintain a deep understanding of the North American customer’s needs; conduct surveys/research and provide feedback to the Marketing, Sales, Product and Technology teams.
- Be the voice of the North American customer within the Marketing team and across the business.
Who are we looking for?
- Experienced Marketing professional with 5+ years in a direct-to-consumer marketing role.
- Travel Industry experience is advantageous.
- Passionate about adventure travel and “living” the Macs product is a must.
- Ability to demonstrate how you have scaled revenue.
- Extensive experience marketing to the American consumer (Canada is a plus).
- Innovative self-starter with a track record of developing and implementing great ideas in a consumer-facing business.
- The role will suit autonomous individuals who thrive in nimble high-growth businesses, not corporate environments.
- You share our values:
- Love the Journey
- Take a Different Path
- Go the Extra Mile
- Tread Thoughtfully
Macs Adventure is a great place to work, with an engaged group of staff, an excellent work environment and the opportunity to make a difference. We have high expectations of our team, and in return we give back to make sure you can do your job well and enjoy yourself while you’re at it.
If you are looking for a challenging, fast paced environment, where you are learning everyday (sometimes faster than is comfortable) and can make a real difference and build an impactful career then Macs will be a great fit for you. We are looking for passionate individuals with ambition to share our vision and passion for creating a business that connects people with transformative active travel experiences across the world.
Some of the things you can expect when you join the team:
- Competitive salary package $70,000 - $80,000 base pay, based on experience and location.
- Participation in the Macs Adventure bonus plan.
- 37.5-hour work week.
- Initially 15 days PTO increasing to 20 days after 6 years’ service, plus federal holidays.
- An extra day off on your birthday.
- 80% Employer paid health, dental and vision insurance.
- Free travel insurance for you and your direct family.
- Fully paid FAM trips to experience one of our adventures yourself.
- TSA pre-check reimbursement.
- Optional enrolment in the company 401 (K) plan after 6 months.
- Great discounts on Macs Adventure trips.
- Hybrid home/office schedule with an inviting office in central Denver.
- Regular team meetings and twice annual Macs Fest in the US and UK.
- You are part of a global team with opportunities to collaborate internationally with other offices and even work in them occasionally.
- Regular learning and development opportunities.
- The opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives and the planet.
- Occasional international travel.