Rota Vicentina: The Fishermen's Trail
- Walk Portugal’s famous Rota Vicentina along the Alentejo coast
- Follow the footsteps of Portuguese fishermen to wild and rugged beaches
- Overnight stays in cosy and authentic casa-style guesthouses
- Spot white storks nesting on the cliffs and rocky islands of Costa Vicentina
- Watch the sunset whilst enjoying a glass of ‘vinho’ and some tasty seafood
ItineraryDay 1 Arrive Vila Nova de Milfontes Day 2 Transfer to Porto Covo, Walk to Vila Nova de Milfontes 12.1 miles / 19.4 km Day 3 Vila Nova de Milfontes to Almograve/Longueira 9.5 miles / 15.3 km Day 4 Almograve to Zambujeira do Mar/Touril 12.7 miles / 20.4 km Day 5 Zambujeira do Mar to Odeceixe 8.8 miles / 14.1 km Day 6 Odeceixe loop walk 8.2 miles / 13.1 km Day 7 Onward Travel
This trip has a carbon score of 10kg per person per day, meaning it’s one of our greenest trips! For comparison, a carbon count of 10kg is equivalent to 18 lattes.
Here at Macs, we pride ourselves on being a responsible travel company and continue to adopt, develop and innovate ways to positively impact the environment.
Find out more information about how we've carbon counted our trips.
The Biggest Choice
Around Since 2003
21,000+ Customer Reviews
HikingWalking the Fishermen’s Coast – Where a Forgotten Portugal Meets the Atlantic3 Min Read03 March 2020
Tips & AdviceEating and Drinking in Portugal4 Min Read24 February 2020
HikingActive Travel in Portugal - Where Should I Go?3 Min Read10 January 2020
Everything You Need to Know About Hiking The Rota Vicentina4 Min Read06 March 2020