Stevenson's Trail North
- Walk Stevenson's Trail North from village to village through tranquil landscapes
- Ancient narrow and cobbled streets of Le Puy en Velay, a World UNESCO Heritage Site
- Fields of colourful wildflowers, outstanding vistas and off-the-beaten-path trails
- Picnic lunches of crusty baguette, local cheeses and a full-bodied vin rouge
- Pass bright green fields of Puy lentils to isolated and charming villages and hamlets
ItineraryDay 1 Arrive Le Puy-en-Velay and overnight Day 2 Walk Le Puy-en-Velay to Le Monastier Sur Gazeille 12 miles / 19 km Day 3 Walk Le Monastier to Le Bouchet St Nicolas 15 miles / 24 km Day 4 Walk Le Bouchet St Nicolas to Langogne 17 miles / 27 km Day 5 Walk Langogne to Cheylard L'Eveque 10 miles / 16 km Day 6 Walk Cheylard L'Eveque to La Bastide Puylaurent 16 miles / 26 km Day 7 Walk La Bastide Puylaurent to Chasserades 8 miles / 12 km Day 8 Onward travel
This trip has a carbon score of 6kg per person per day, meaning it’s one of our greenest trips! For comparison, a carbon count of 6kg is equivalent to 4.5 ham and cheese sandwiches from the store.
Here at Macs, we pride ourselves on being a responsible travel company and continue to adopt, develop and innovate ways to positively impact the environment.
Find out more information about how we've carbon counted our trips.
The Biggest Choice
Around Since 2003
21,000+ Customer Reviews
At Macs, we don’t do tour buses, groups, or guides. Instead, we give you the freedom and confidence to have your own self-guided hiking or biking adventure.
This is active travel led by you.
You choose your departure date and who you travel with, we do the rest.
We sort accommodation and luggage transfers and provide your route in an easy-to-use app.
We give you everything you need to travel independently but we're here 24/7 if you need us.
Getting from A to B under your own steam is intensely rewarding. With Macs, you'll see the world, and yourself, differently.