Adventure Operations Administrator | Glasgow, UK
City Centre Office
Our Operations team are an integral part of our business, responsible for reserving all aspects of the customer’s Macs adventure after the sales team have found them their ideal trip. In this role, you will support the operations team with customer documentation and other operational support projects, and you will create an impact with your excellent administrative skills.
Reporting to Sarah Smith, this is a fantastic opportunity to join an ambitious, fast-growing international business and progress your career in travel. This admin focused role is key to supporting the Macs brand values, helping us reach our targets, developing customer loyalty, and delivering memorable adventures for our customers!
About Macs Adventure
We’re an adventure tour operator on a mission to be the leading global brand in self-guided, active travel.
Welcoming over 30,000 customers on over 600 walking and cycling trips to destinations around the world, we employ over 100 people across the UK, US and Germany who share our purpose to lead, advocate & enable self-guided, active travel as a positive force for people and planet.
We’re an adventurous business with an ambitious vision. Our aim is to triple the size of the business by 2026. We want to do this the right way and have set ourselves another important goal of achieving BCorp status within 2 years.
Our culture reflects these ambitions. We’re a fast-paced organisation and we like to have fun along the way. We’re looking for people who can grow with Macs and join us on our journey. It’s not the easy route, we’re looking for people who enjoy challenges, love learning and want to make an impact and relate to our core values;
- Love the journey: A Macs trip is all about the journey, not the destination. We are all believers in Macs’ unique brand of self-guided, active travel and shout about it. As more travellers convert to the Macs Way, we accept our business will grow and change. We welcome new connections, and embrace to new opportunities. Carpe diem!
- Take a different path: We’re not different for differents’ sake; but we won’t succeed if we’re just the same as everyone else. We devise creative solutions to problems, find new ways of doing things, and trust colleagues who are doing so too. We are brave and feel empowered to take the initiative. We ask ourselves: is what I’m doing authentically Macs?
- Tread thoughtfully: We are considerate, empathetic and try to put ourselves in our customers’, suppliers’ and each other’s shoes. We support local, and find ways of having less negative impact on the planet. We find ways of having positive impact on people and communities. We are fair, and we do the right thing.
- Go the extra mile: We know that creating a perfect #MacsMoment involves going that bit further. We imagine the best feedback we can get and set out to earn it. We take ownership and accountability – it’s yours, not someone else’s, problem. We step up and help our team mates when they need us.
What you’ll do
- Ensure all customers receive their necessary documentation and materials prior to their adventure
- Make appropriate decisions on best time and place for mail to be sent, ie last minute bookings may need to be sent directly to an accommodation
- Keep the costs to a minimum where possible by ensuring accuracy with postage costs and turnaround of packs to avoid courier
- Manage and maintain stock levels to ensure supply meets demand
- Support the operations team with back-office data management and loading
- Support the operations team with any other administrative tasks as required, such as the onboarding of new suppliers and booking reports for suppliers
What you’ll bring
- Passionate about travel and knowledgeable on the destinations we offer
- A strong team player, you understand the importance of collaboration and support your colleagues and the company in achieving shared goals
- Communicates in a tactful, polite, and friendly manner internally and externally
- Able to work under pressure, motivated to achieve targets and demonstrate a positive attitude
- Learning orientated
- Resilient and flexible
- A hands on individual willing to go the extra mile for customers, colleagues and the business.
- You share our values: Tread thoughtfully, Take a different path, Go the extra mile & Love the journey
Not essential, it would be a bonus if you had
- Previous administration experience
The knowledge and skills we’ve listed represent “the perfect candidate”. No one’s perfect and we know the ‘confidence gap’ can stop brilliant people applying. If you love the sound of this opportunity please apply, we’d love to hear from you.
You could belong here
To deliver adventures for more than 300,000 customers we need to build a company that’s reflective of their diversity. We’re building an inclusive workplace that promotes and values difference, where everyone, from any background, can do their best work and be proud to belong.
We’re happy to consider flexible working, including part-time hours - whether to help you meet other commitments or to help you strike a great work-life balance.
What we’ll offer
As well as your salary;
- ANNUAL LEAVE: We’re an inclusive employer and celebrate diversity. We want you to be able to take holidays that matter to you, so 8 public holidays are included in your annual leave allowance of 33 days, which increases to 35 days after 5 years’ service.
- BIRTHDAY BOOSTER: An extra day off on your birthday!
- PENSION: We offer a contributory pension scheme.
- DISCOUNTS: You are eligible for great discounts on Macs Adventure trips!
- TRAVEL INSURANCE: We provide you and your spouse/partner/children with annual worldwide travel insurance.
- FLEXIBLE WORKING: We offer a flexible work culture wherever possible, dependent on the role.
- GETTING TOGETHER: Regular team, management and leadership meetings and retreats.
- CULTURE: An innovative, fast growth, international and solution focused culture, where we work hard to embed our values across the business.
- L&D: We support regular learning and development opportunities.
- WELLBEING. We'll support you in looking after your health and wellbeing so you can do your best work.
- TRAVEL: Occasional international travel may be required.
- IMPACT: The opportunity to make a difference in people’s lives and the planet.