Adventure Sales Support (Travel) | Boulder, CO, USA
Sept 2021: We are no longer recruiting for this role.
We are currently looking for energetic individuals with a passion for active adventure travel to join us in a number of Adventure Sales Support roles on a full time basis for immediate start. Roles are based at our Colorado office (once reopened), remotely at home or at a co-working space convenient to you.
Working alongside the other talented members of the Macs Sales team you are the first point of contact for new leads and customer questions. With a broad knowledge of our trips and destinations you will seek to understand customer needs, communicate the Macs Adventure brand values, connect our customers with the most appropriate Destination & Adventure Specialist and solve problems for customers.
This is a great entry level opportunity to join an ambitious, digital first, fast-growing international business and progress your career in adventure travel.
Macs Adventure is an adventure tour operator arranging transformative active travel experiences for independently minded people interested in the world around them.
We employ over 50 adventurous people across the UK, US and Germany who share our purpose: To connect people and make a positive impact on the planet through adventure travel.
We are on a mission to be the World’s leading active travel company, be a great place to work, deliver outstanding customer experiences, make an impact and be profitable.
Covid 19 was difficult for Macs Adventure, but our extensive range of domestic trips and a substantial recent investment mean that Macs is back to strong trading and fast growth.
Working across our international markets the sales team, who are responsible for the entire customer journey, is a key driver of the fast international growth of Macs Adventure. Made up of Travel Sales Specialists, known internally as Destination and Adventure Specialists, Sales Managers and Adventure Sales Support our sales team is a customer focused, passionate, organised, competitive, resilient and persuasive group with a hands-on attitude who make things happen together.
The Adventure Sales Support team are the first contact point for new leads and customer questions. Understanding the customer needs, communicating the Macs Adventure brand values and with a broad knowledge of our trips and destinations they connect our customers with the most appropriate Destination & Adventure Specialist and solve problems for customers. Internally the sales team works closely with the operations, product, marketing and customer service teams. Key external relationships include our customers, travel agents and trade partners and suppliers.
Your day-to-day will include:
- Answering phone calls, live chats and customer tickets.
- Resolving or escalating customer questions on a broad range of trips and destinations, the customer MyAccount, the Macs Adventure App and customer documentation
- Engaging with customers and communicate the Macs Adventure brand promise
- Qualifying and prioritizing leads and enquiries
- Understanding new customer requirements and communicating these to D&A Specialists
- Connecting new sales leads with relevant Destination & Adventure Specialists
- Scheduling customer appointments with D&A Specialists
- Following up on early stage leads and information requests.
- Processing customer payments and collect overdue payments
- Supporting customers with general pre, during and post trip questions
- Collecting and updating contact, contact preference, interests and pre-trip information including waivers from customers if necessary
- General administrative tasks to support customers and D&A Specialists.
Who are we looking for?
- You have a passion for active and adventure travel.
- Experience in fast paced customer facing roles.
- Outstanding customer service and problem-solving skills.
- An excellent eye for detail and administrative skills.
- Able to multitask, prioritise and establish deadlines to ensure competing objectives are met.
- Interpersonal and team skills which enable you to build great relationships internally and externally.
- Highly confident, competent and articulate individual who can communicate professionally.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experienced and fluent in using IT systems such as email, livechat, phones, booking/company systems and MS office suite
- Able to self-organise and manage competing priorities
- Learning orientated
- Resilient and flexible
- A hands-on individual willing to go the extra mile for customers, colleagues and the business.
- You share our values:
- Love the Journey
- Take a Different Path
- Go the Extra Mile
- Tread Thoughtfully
Macs Adventure is a great place to work, with an engaged group of staff, an excellent work environment and the opportunity to make a difference. We have high expectations of our team, and in return we give back to make sure you can do your job well and enjoy yourself while you’re at it. We want our staff to be love the journey, take a different path, go the extra mile, and tread thoughtfully.
If you are looking for a challenging, fast paced environment, where you are learning everyday (sometimes faster than is comfortable) and can make a real difference and build an impactful career then Macs will be a great fit for you. We are looking for passionate individuals with ambition to share our vision and passion for creating a business that connects people with transformative active travel experiences across the world.
Some of the things you can expect when you join our team:
- Comprehensive onboarding including company, product and systems training.
- Ongoing training and development throughout your career.
- Work your way up a career path with extra responsibilities and salary increases on achieving promotion.
- This is a great role to start your career in travel.
Salary and Benefits:
- The Adventure Sales Support starting salary is $45,000 for FTE based on a 37.5 Hour working week
- Initially 15 days PTO increasing to 20 days after 2 years’ service, plus federal holidays
- An extra day off on your birthday
- 95% Employer paid health insurance
- Optional enrollment in the company 401 (K) plan after 6 months
- Great discounts on Macs Adventure trips
- A flexible work culture. You choose office, home or co-working mix
- Regular team and company meetings
- An innovative, fast growth, international and solution focused culture
- Regular learning and development opportunities
- A clear and exciting career progression pathway
- The opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives and the planet.
Some of the things we expect from you:
- Experience in a fast-paced customer facing environment
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- A passion for active and adventure travel
- The flexibility to work some evening and weekend shifts (up to six weekends/year)
- You are based in Colorado and legally permitted to work in the USA (We may consider strong out of state candidates, depending on location)
Does this sound like your dream job? Please send your CV, an awesome cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining;
• why you would be a perfect match for this role,
• whether you are interested in full or part time role
• if you are able to work evening and weekends (and any preference)
We look forward to you joining us on our adventure.
To keep our team safe we are currently working remotely, in line with government guidance, and the interview and onboarding process will be done via Teams or Zoom.