COVID-19 Trip Suspension
Macs Adventure is postponing all trips departing up to and including 31st July 2020.
Our priority is, and will always be, to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our customers, staff and partners. The concerns and repercussions from the Covid-19 pandemic have continued to accelerate. The actions by governments and health authorities to control the spread of the virus has severely impacted travel globally and our ability to safely operate our trips.
We have been monitoring the situation, which is changing on a daily basis. Many of our accommodation, transport and service providers are choosing to delay opening or close in order to protect their staff and customers.
We feel that it is our responsibility to postpone all trips* booked for departure up to and including 31 July 2020 in order to protect our customers, team and partners.
We will continue to review the situation regularly and aim to give at you least six weeks notice of further postponements or cancellations by our suppliers.
If you are booked to travel up to and including 31st July 2020.
We will contact you before we cancel your trip arrangements and offer you the choice of:
- Postponing your trip to a specific date any time before 30 April 2022 (extended to 31 July 2022 for July 2020 bookings)
- Postponing your trip to an unspecified date any time before 30 April 2022 (extended to 31 July 2022 for July 2020 bookings)
- Cancelling your trip and receiving a credit for 100% of monies paid to use against a future trip any time before 30 April 2022 (extended to 31 July 2022 for July 2020 bookings)
*Exception: UK trips:
UK based customers on UK trips can make the choice to wait for further government advice if they wish to travel as planned at this stage. We can offer this only if there is no government advice against travel within the UK in July and we are able to operate your trip. If you select this option, one of our team will follow up with you to discuss your booking and our recommendations for safe travel.
Travel After 1 August 2020: How does this affect my trip?
If your trip is more than 6 weeks away, we recommend that you wait until closer to your travel dates to allow for more information to present itself. The situation is ever-changing, and it is impossible to predict the status of travel for your dates. There is no further financial commitment necessary until your balance is due 6 weeks from travel. However, if you do wish to look at changing your plans, you have the following options:
- Change your destination - contact our Customer Experience team to find out what changes are possible for your trip. No cancellation or amendment fees will be applied (excluding Bike & Boat itineraries and other selected tours).
- Change your dates within the same year or postpone until next year - contact our Customer Experience team to find out what changes are possible for your trip. No cancellation or amendment fees will be applied (excluding Bike & Boat itineraries and other selected tours).
- Cancel your holiday - our standard booking conditions will still apply. Please contact our Customer Experience team to discuss the costs and timing for a trip cancellation. We would suggest you contact your insurance company to inquire about recovering any cancellation costs.
Thank you for your continued patience during these unprecedented events. Our team are working extremely hard to respond to the volume of calls and emails we are experiencing. Thank you in advance for your understanding and patience, and we will be in touch with everyone affected as soon as we can.