Classic Scotland by Rail
- Explore Scotland's impressive landscapes, coastlines and forested glens by rail
- The iconic West Highland Line railway from Glasgow to Fort William
- Delve into Scotland's larder; from single-malt whisky to hearty Highland fayre
- Explore charming Perthshire's distilleries, castles and easy-going forest trails
- Rich traditions and dramatic tales abound as you uncover ancient history and folklore
ItineraryDay 1 Ride the West Highland Line from Glasgow to Fort William Day 2 Bus to Inverness and explore the Highland capital Day 3 Free day in Inverness; visit Loch Ness, Culloden Battlefield or Cawdor Castle Day 4 Ride through the Cairngorm National Park to Perthshire's castles & distilleries Day 5 Train to Edinburgh and onward travel
This trip has a carbon score of 9kg per person per day, meaning it’s one of our greenest trips! For comparison, a carbon count of 9kg is equivalent to 5.5 avocados.
Here at Macs, we pride ourselves on being a responsible travel company and continue to adopt, develop and innovate ways to positively impact the environment.
Find out more information on how we've carbon counted our trips.
The Biggest Choice
Around Since 2003
21,000+ Customer Reviews
At Macs, we don’t do tour buses, groups, or guides. Instead, we give you the freedom and confidence to have your own self-guided walking or cycling adventure.
This is active travel led by you.
You choose your departure date and who you travel with, we do the rest.
We sort accommodation and luggage transfers and provide your route in an easy-to-use app.
We give you everything you need to travel independently but we're here 24/7 if you need us.
Getting from A to B under your own steam is intensely rewarding. With Macs, you'll see the world, and yourself, differently.