Product Manager - Mobile Apps
We are looking for an experienced technology Product Manager, with experience managing the development of native Mobile Apps, to help deliver world class, digital first experiences to our customers across the Macs Adventure customer lifecycle. The role will report directly into the Chief Technology Officer and will help to establish an effective product development function within the business
The purpose of this role is to work with data from our customers, the business and development teams to build an outstanding and industry leading App proposition for the self-guided walking and cycling travel sector. You will be working closely with all stakeholders to develop and deliver a Mobile app strategy and roadmap that focuses on the delivery of the objectives and key results defined for the App.
This is a great opportunity to join an ambitious, digital first, fast-growing international business, progress your career in Tech Product and live your passion for travel.
Macs Adventure is an adventure tour operator on a mission to be the leading global brand in self-guided, active travel. Welcoming over 30,000 customers on over 600 walking and cycling trips to destinations around the world, we employ nearly 100 people across the UK, US and Germany who share our purpose to lead, advocate & enable self-guided, active travel as a positive force for people and planet.
Our team live and breathe our company values: “love the journey”, “go the extra mile”, “take a different path” and “tread thoughtfully”. We have an ambitious vision to quadruple the size of the company by 2026, alongside a goal to achieving BCorp status within the next two years. Expanding our fast-growing North American business is critical to achieving this vision.
The Technology Team
Technology is playing and increasing importance in all that we do in our day to day lives and here at Macs we are no different. Our ambitions mean that we need to invest in developing outstanding customer and user facing Digital experiences that will go an extra miles for our customers and provide a differentiating factor for the business. As such we are building out our own technology team to work with our development partners to build exciting and innovative tools that support and add value to our customers and colleagues in the most effective way.
Your day-to-day role will include
- Defining, communicating and executing the Mobile App product roadmap
- Working on initiatives and products that ensure that the product roadmap is aligned with the company vision and supports the delivery of the company strategy
- Work with the other Product Managers in establishing and communicating the product vision aligned to customer and business priority
- Establishing the Mobile App product OKRs/KPIs and embed a data centric culture
- Prioritising ideas and product requirements into product initiatives on the product backlogs
- Managing all stakeholder expectations across the company
- Documentation of requirements for development partner
- Work with external development partners to understand UX/UI considerations and define technical solutions
- Working with stakeholders and UX in customer discovery, in order to develop new products
- Creating new products using a customer centre designed approach
- Lead on Agile ways of working within the software and product development lifecycles
- Managing external development teams, partners and internal resources to ensure that initiatives are delivered effectively and measurable.
- Planning and leading planning meetings, scrums, sprint reviews and retrospectives.
- Managing and prioritising development backlogs and user requests.
- Communicating and coordinating deliveries and product changes with stakeholders.
- Using testing, analysis and user feedback to identify areas for improvement and drive continuous improvement.
Who are we looking for?
- Knowledge of product development lifecycle, from idea to through to delivery and value realisation using data.
- Experience of managing Mobile App products in Scrum, or relevant agile methodologies.
- Enthusiasm for all things tech and technical aptitude.
- Interpersonal skills which enable you to get great results from engineering teams, business user teams and management.
- Creative problem solving and strong critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Highly confident, competent and articulate individual who can communicate professionally across all levels.
- Strong analytical skills with a good understanding of the business processes.
- Process and systems driven mindset with the drive to do things faster, better and cheaper AND deliver a better user experience.
- Able to work under pressure, motivated to achieve targets and demonstrate a positive attitude
- Results and solution driven
- Learning orientated
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build strong working relationships in a multicultural environment, including remote teams and colleagues.
- A natural energetic, friendly, team player.
- Able to multitask, prioritise and establish deadlines to ensure stakeholder needs are met
- Resilient, flexible and commercially aware.
- A hands on individual willing to go the extra mile
- A passion for active and adventure travel is a huge advantage.
Macs Adventure is a great place to work, with an engaged group of staff, an excellent work environment and the opportunity to make a difference. We have high expectations of our team, and in return we give back to make sure you can do your job well and enjoy yourself while you’re at it.
If you are looking for a challenging, fast paced environment, where you are learning everyday (sometimes faster than is comfortable) and can make a real difference and build an impactful career then Macs will be a great fit for you. We are looking for passionate individuals with ambition to share our vision and passion for creating a business that connects people with transformative active travel experiences across the world.
Salary Package and Benefits:
- Competitive salary package up to c £55,000 (base £50K plus 10% bonus)
- Initially 25 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays, increasing to 27 days after 5 years
- An extra day off on your birthday!
- Optional enhanced maternity pay
- Auto-enrollment in the company stakeholder pension after 3 months
- Great discounts on Macs Adventure trips
- A flexible work culture
- Regular team and company meetings and retreats
- An innovative, fast growth, international and solution focused culture
- Regular learning and development opportunities
- Occasional domestic and international travel
- The opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives and the planet
Does this sound like your dream job? Please send your CV, and an awesome covering note to email@example.com explaining why you would be a perfect match for this role.
We look forward to you joining us on our adventure!