Safety Advice & Coronavirus
The spread of Coronavirus (Covid-19) has captured news headlines worldwide and we know that it is very much on the minds of our travellers, regardless of the timing of their trip or the destination.
Our priority is, and will always be, to ensure the safety and well being of our customers and staff. We understand you may be concerned, but we are here to offer as much help and advice as we can to ensure that your adventure can run smoothly and safely.
The Macs Approach
We closely monitor and follow Government travel advice via the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO). Our decision-making for customer travel will directly reflect both the FCO Advisory Levels, and any change in UK Government advice will also change our approach.
We also closely monitor the World Health Organization (WHO) for information on Coronavirus itself, the global situation and tips for prevention.
Lastly, we are in regular contact with our partners on the ground who can provide local insight and relevant details pertaining to Macs trips.
Please see our Resources section below for links to additional relevant information and useful websites.
Please contact our Customer Experience team if you have any questions or need any further advice.
Travel before 31 July 2020: How does this affect my trip?
We feel that it is our responsibility to postpone all trips* booked for departure up to and including 31 July 2020 in order to protect our customers, team and partners. If you are due to travel during this time, you will be offered the following options:
- Postponing your trip to a specific date any time before 31 July 2022.
- Postponing your trip to an unspecified date any time before 31 July 2022.
- Cancelling your trip and receiving a credit for 100% of monies paid to use against a future trip any time before 31 July 2022.
*Exception: UK trips:
UK based customers on UK trips can make the choice to wait for further government advice if they wish to travel as planned at this stage. We can offer this only if there is no government advice against travel within the UK in July and we are able to operate your trip. If you select this option, one of our team will follow up with you to discuss your booking and our recommendations for safe travel.
Travel After 1 August 2020: How does this affect my trip?
If your trip is more than 6 weeks away, we recommend that you wait until closer to your travel dates to allow for more information to present itself. The situation is ever-changing, and it is impossible to predict the status of travel for your dates. There is no further financial commitment necessary until your balance is due 6 weeks from travel. However, if you do wish to look at changing your plans, you have the following options:
- Change your destination - contact our Customer Experience team to find out what changes are possible for your trip. No cancellation or amendment fees will be applied (excluding Bike & Boat itineraries and other selected tours).
- Change your dates within the same year or postpone until next year - contact our Customer Experience team to find out what changes are possible for your trip. No cancellation or amendment fees will be applied (excluding Bike & Boat itineraries and other selected tours).
- Cancel your holiday - our standard booking conditions will still apply. Please contact our Customer Experience team to discuss the costs and timing for trip cancellation. We would suggest you contact your insurance company to inquire about recovering any cancellation costs.