Read All About it! Our Top 6 Press-Recommended TripsTravel writers and journalists have enjoyed a wealth of Macs Adventure trips. Here we round up some of our most popular press-recommended walking holidays.
1) The IndependentTravel writer for The Independent, Lucy Gillmore, raved about the delights of the wildlife, whisky and wonderful cuisine she discovered in Scotland’s Hebridean islands. Find out for yourself on a drive and hike tour of the region.
2) The TelegraphThe Telegraph chose a walk on the South West Coast Path in southern England as one of 21 top holidays that will make you a better person. The writer focused on the Bude to Falmouth section, but each walking section of the 630-mile path has its own charms.
3) Trip ReporterTravel writer for the Trip Reporter, Rupert Parker, immersed himself in the wonders of the classic long-distance walk, the Alta Via in the Dolomite mountains. He recommended a Macs Adventure walking holiday.
4) Rough GuidesRos Walford wrote about the pleasures of a Foodie Pilgrimage along the Camino Del Norte in Rough Guides. Walk in her footsteps during a San Sebastian to Bilbao self-guided camino tour.
5) National Geographic TravellerMark Rowe wrote in the National Geographic Traveller about being enchanted by Croatia during a short walking break to the country’s interior region. Croatia is a great choice for a walking holiday.
6) The ScotsmanRobin McKelvie discovered a magical cultural journey taking in three Japanese cities and a hike through the Kumano mountains in his piece for The Scotsman. Walk in his footsteps and those of Japan’s Imperial family on the Kumano Kodo.
To start planning your own press-worthy walking holiday, get in touch with our team of Destination & Adventure Specialists who are always on hand to help narrow down your search.