Mammut&'s new summer walking jackets
Hiking in summer, especially overseas, usually calls for a “just-in-case” waterproof jacket. You could choose a super lightweight water-resistant jacket but what if the rain does come out of nowhere and stays? What you really need is a lightweight but highly waterproof walking jacket. I have been impressed by Mammut’s new Gore-Tex hiking jackets, the Kira for women and the Convey for men. The jackets have Gore-Tex 2.5 fabric (in the chest and back areas) and three-layer fabric (on the arm and shoulder areas). This means they are lighter than winter Gore-Tex waterproofs yet still offer superb water and windproofing. The Mammut jackets weigh 390g for the female Kira and 460g for the men’s Convey and they are fairly small when packed away into your rucksack. The technical features:
- Gore-Tex with 28,000mm water column (this means the jacket has a waterproof rating that will cope with most summer rainstorms).
- Hood with three-point adjustment. It can also be secured when not in use with a small hook, which is useful for a summer jacket.
- Spray-proof two-way front zip. This keeps out the worst of the rain and allows you to unzip both up and down for better ventilation.
- Two waterproof front pockets.
- Two-way underarm zips for increased ventilation.
- Adjustable hem with drawstring.
- Sizes: Convey: S-XXL; Kira: XS-XL.
Do you have any questions?
Call us on+44 141 530 8886