Three great summer walking boots
In summer, with warmer and drier weather, it’s possible to swap your heavier, stiffer and more robust winter walking boots for a pair of lighter, more flexible and easier-to-wear summer hiking boots. Here we review three pairs of summer hiking boots that are well worth considering for a walking holiday.
- Very grippy Vibram Tech Approach outsole
- High and durable rand (that’s the bumper style section of the boot that is made of rubber and encases the lower area of the boot above the sole)
- Gore-Tex lining
- Multi-fit footbed (to fit narrow and medium width feet)
- Extended lacing system for extra support along the full length of the boot
- NXT Odour Control.
- Gusseted tongue for comfort and to stop dirt and grit getting into the boot
- Protective rubber toecap
- Men and women’s specific last
- Mud-guard protective material all around the base of the shoe
- Contagrip sole for good traction on varied surfaces (these boots are not as super grippy as the Salewa’s but they are still fine for most summer walking conditions.)
- Rolling Concept Gripex sole (made from two types of rubber, with different hardness, to offer good durability as well as grip on most summer hiking surfaces)
- Liquid rubber rand (although the rand on these boots does not rise as high up the boot as the Salewas)
- Cushioned tongue (for comfort)
- Arch support (for great support and improved comfort levels).
Do you have any questions?
Call us on+44 141 530 8886