In 2010 You Will Mainly Be:-
Walking the West Highland Way and trekking the Inca Trail.
We had over 100 responses to our November survey asking "What will you be doing in 2010?"
Thank you to all who responded and well done to Amy Balmain of Hove in Sussex who was the lucky winner of a Mountain Equipment Kit Bag. Amy has already booked to walk the Great Glen Way in 2010 and we hope you have a great trip.
Here are some of the results from our survey:
Walking Trails Planned for 2010:
Walking Holidays You would like us to add to our programme:
Wow, you certainly weren't short of suggestions and we have a list that if all the walks were joined end-to-end would probably stretch around the world. The exciting things is that I will undoubtedly have to tear myself out of the office and try out many of these exciting walks in 2010. Suggestions that came up more than once included:-
- Scottish Island Walks, specifically Harris & Lewis.
- The South West Coast Path and Cornwall Coast Path.
- More walks in Italy and Spain.
- More guided walks in the UK.
Your Dream Treks:
We all dream of escaping to the world's mountainous regions and when we asked you to name the treks you would love to do there were some surprising results.
- The Inca Trail was the trek most of you would like to do. 36% of respondents would LOVE to do the Inca Trail.
- The Routeburn track, New Zealand came in second with 31%.
- 36% of people also dream of trekking in the Nepal Himalaya on the Annapurna Sanctuary or Everest Base Camp Trek.
- The least popular treks were the Overland Track in Tasmania and Mt Kailash Trek in Tibet, with a measly 8% voting for both.
We have taken all your responses on board and will be adding some great trips to our walking and trekking programme in 2010. Be the first to know of any new adventures - Sign up to our Newsletter!
So now you know what everyone else is planning for 2010 isn't it time you booked your next walking holiday or trekking adventure.