In 2010 You Will Mainly Be:-
Walking the West Highland Way and trekking the Inca Trail.We had over 100 responses to our November survey asking "What will you be doing in 2010?" Thank you to all who responded and well done to Amy Balmain of Hove in Sussex who was the lucky winner of a Mountain Equipment Kit Bag. Amy has already booked to walk the Great Glen Way in 2010 and we hope you have a great trip.
Here are some of the results from our survey:
Walking Trails Planned for 2010:
- 23% of respondents planned on walking the West Highland Way in 2010.
- 16% planned on the Great Glen Way.
- The Cotswold Way and the Camino de Santiago were also on many of your "To Do" Lists for 2010.
- Coast to Coast Walks and walking holidays in Spain were also popular.
Walking Holidays You would like us to add to our programme:Wow, you certainly weren't short of suggestions and we have a list that if all the walks were joined end-to-end would probably stretch around the world. The exciting things is that I will undoubtedly have to tear myself out of the office and try out many of these exciting walks in 2010. Suggestions that came up more than once included:-
- Scottish Island Walks, specifically Harris & Lewis.
- The South West Coast Path and Cornwall Coast Path.
- More walks in Italy and Spain.
- More guided walks in the UK.
- The Inca Trail was the trek most of you would like to do. 36% of respondents would LOVE to do the Inca Trail.
- The Routeburn track, New Zealand came in second with 31%.
- 36% of people also dream of trekking in the Nepal Himalaya on the Annapurna Sanctuary or Everest Base Camp Trek.
- The least popular treks were the Overland Track in Tasmania and Mt Kailash Trek in Tibet, with a measly 8% voting for both.
Do you have any questions?
Call us on+44 141 530 8886