6 Days & 5 Nights
Cyprus: Highlights of the Akamas Peninsula
- Explore the Akamas Peninsula with its stunning coastline and turquoise seas
- Year-round walking on great trails in this sunny and stunning western part of Cyprus
- Vines, olive groves and fertile green valleys all with a rugged and dramatic mountain backdrop
- Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Paphos and the Baths of Aphrodite
- Delicious Cypriot Greek-influenced cuisine and surprisingly excellent local wine
On this 6-day authentic Mediterranean walking adventure you will explore the Akamas Peninsula, located on Cyprus's west coast. Sunny days, filled with walks that show off this area with stunning views, pine-clad hilltops and beautiful coastlines with turquoise seas are sure to satisfy the explorer in you, especially as this area has UNESCO World Heritage Sites and history galore! The cuisine is Greek-influenced but with its own twist. Wineries are also plentiful in this area and you can visit a local vineyard and have a wine-tasting if you wish. In the evenings after your lovely walk in the countryside stay in first-rate accommodation, one located in a typical Cypriot village with a pool and another which is situated virtually on the beach!
ItineraryDay 1 Arrive in Paphos, transfer to Droushia and overnight Day 2 Bus to Kathikas. Walk to Droushia with optional visit to Vasilikon Winery 9 miles / 13 km Day 3 Optional Androlykou Circular Route from Droushia or day trip to Paphos 6 miles / 10 km Day 4 Transfer to Polis. Walk the Aphrodite/Adonis Trail 6 miles / 10 km Day 5 Walk the Smigies Trail 7 miles / 11 km Day 6 Departure and Onward Travel
You May Also Like
8 Days 7 NightsWalk ancient paths of the Amalfi Coast in Italy as they wind through lemon groves and vineyardsHighlights
- Walk Italy's stunning Amalfi Coast
- Sip on a limoncello in a piazza, al fresco
- Charming Ravello and photogenic Positano
8 Days 7 NightsGet off the beaten track and walk through Istria's untouched interior and coastlineHighlights
- Varied hikes on Croatia’s green peninsula
- Medieval hilltop town of Buje
- Sample the local muscat wine of Momjan
7 Days 6 NightsWalk the Algarve Coast from Lagos to Cabo Sao Vicente, Portugal's most southwest point.Highlights
- Walk quiet coastal trails through the Algarve
- Cabo Sao Vicente, Portugal's most southwest point
- Feast on fresh seafood and a glass of Alentejo red
Reasons to believe in Macs Adventure:
The Biggest Choice
Self-guided hiking & biking is all we do - we have over 500 tried & tested trips.
Around Since 2003
We’re still founder led & the world’s number one self-guided operator with mountains of experience.
21,000+ Customer Reviews
Plus, with a Feefo Platinum Service Award & British Travel Awards, you know you're in good hands.
We use independent suppliers to support communities along our routes, as well as work with organizations to help maintain & restore paths.