Why book your Swiss Hiking Vacation with Macs?
Since 2008 we’ve organized thousands of hiking tours in Switzerland. Each year our staff spend time here ensuring classic routes run smoothly and seeking out the best hiking trails, accommodations and restaurants.
As in all of our self-guided hiking tours we transfer your luggage and you can travel on your terms by choosing your own departure date and who you travel with. We provide route info packs, maps in our easy-to-use app which even works offline. Sustainable travel is important to us, and traveling with us supports local small businesses.
Our specialists are here to help connect you with your perfect adventure. Just get in touch if you have any questions.
Our 5 favorite Swiss Hikes
1) Walkers Haute Route. Epic Matterhorn views from Zermatt after hiking through 4000m Alpine peaks
2) Tour du Mont Blanc. A tough challenging classic through France, Italy and Switzerland
3) Lucerne Lakes and Mountains. High mountain hikes and stylish lakeside hotels. Bliss!
4) Glacier Express. Gentle hikes, awesome views and Europe’s most beautiful train journey.
5) Best of the Bernese Oberland. The Alpine hikers’ playground with incredible options for everyone.
Curious to know more? Read on in our Blog '5 best hiking tours in Switzerland’
Älplermagronen - Completely unpronounceable by English speakers, but a very delicious all-in-one pasta, potato, cheese and cream dish. Served with fried onion and stewed apples
Fondue - Dunk rustic country bread into melted cheeses, infused with lashings of wine and garlic, bubbly over an open flame.
Rosti - Thinly grated potatoes, pan-fried until crisp and golden.
Raclette - A local cheese melted over a fire to blanket boiled potatoes, pickles and onions. Enjoy whilst drinking copious glasses of local Fendant wine.