Why Book With Macs Adventure?
Macs Adventure is company with roots in Scotland and full of exceptional and knowledgeable experts! Since our foundation in 2003, our professional team has researched and refined our self-guided itineraries in Scotland to bring you a unique collection of hand-picked hiking tours that allow you to explore everything Scotland has to offer.
On your Macs tour you’ll stay in comfortable, friendly, locally-owned B&B’s, guesthouses, and In Style hotels. We’ll take care of transferring your heavy bags each day so you can just march to the tune of your own…bagpipe!?
Self-guided travel is low impact. Learn more about our Sustainable Travel journey.
We love Scotland with a passion and our main aim is to make sure that you do too.
5 Best Hikes in Scotland
1. Best for classic long-distance (& bragging rights!): West Highland Way
2. Best for history, legends & scenery: The Highlands & Isle of Skye
3. Best for iconic train journeys: Rail & Hike collection
4. Best for the mighty Loch Ness: The Great Glen Way
5. Best for a touch of comfort: Hiking In Style Tours
Top tip: Book tours back-to-back if you can’t choose!
If you’d like to speak to one of our experts, inquire here or give us a call at (720) 487-9898.
Top 4 'Isle of Skye' tours unraveled
1. Highlands & Isle of Skye: Rail & Hike – 8 days of exciting hikes, castles, history and a Jacobite steam train over Glenfinnan viaduct. Edinburgh to Glasgow.
2. Highlands & Isle of Skye: Rail & Hike in Style – All the same enriching history, culture and hikes as the above, but with higher-grade accommodation - castle hotels and beautifully appointed lodges.
3. Skye Highs Short Break – 4 nights immersed in Scottish culture and landscapes, a hop aboard the Jacobite steam train and, optional short day hikes.
4. Skye & The Outer Hebrides – 8 days of point to point walks, views of Cuillin Ridge on Skye, visits to remote and wild Isles of Harris and Lewis, and unbelievable white-sandy beaches.
Head over to our Hiking on the Isle of Skye page for more information.
Discover Scotland In Style
This exclusive collection is designed for a little comfort at the end of the days hiking. They include converted castle hotels, country house hotels and boutique guesthouses.
Highlands & Isle of Skye: Rail & Hike In Style: Experience world-class rail journeys, with hand-picked hikes by day and fabulous accommodations in the evening.
Best of Skye In Style: Stay in 4* hotels and soak up this remote island on our favorite hikes.
Islay Whisky Trails In Style: Immerse yourself in Scotland's most famous whisky isle - Islay. Easy-going hikes with a wee dram in the 4* hotels.
Great Glen Way In Comfort: Hike the entire Great Glen Way from Fort William to Inverness, overnighting in the best 3-5* accommodation right off the trail.
West Highland Way Trail Maintenance
Have have teamed up with organizations to support the paths our customers walk on. We're donating $10 for every customer traveling along the West Highland Way in 2023.
These paths are like the lifeblood of our business, and we want to make sure they're here for generations to come.
Learn more about the importance of trail maintenance.