- Experience the best of the Highlands between Edinburgh and Inverness on foot and by train
- Stay in the heart of Edinburgh, Scotland's historic capital city
- Choose from varied walks, on forest trails and among castle grounds
- Take a tour of Scotland's smallest distillery, Edradour, in Pitlochry
- Ride the train from Edinburgh through beautiful countryside to meet the sea at Inverness
Connect two of Scotland's bucket-list destinations - Edinburgh and Inverness - on this short break rail & hike trip. Combine scenic rail journeys with a variety of relaxed walking options in the heart of Scotland.
Wander cobbled streets in cosmopolitan Edinburgh, Scotland's capital city, where there's plenty to see and do; visit the Botanic Gardens, walk up Arthur's Seat, or Carlton Hill for unrivaled views over the city. Leave city life behind for the tranquility of Blair Atholl, a small village of charming stone cottages with Blair Castle and it's sprawling gardens and grounds at it's heart. Choose from a variety of walks on woodland trails or head into the hills along Glen Tilt. Enjoy walking along forested riverside paths to the bustling town of Pitlochry, where you can spend a leisurely afternoon visiting one of the town's distilleries. Another scenic rail journey will see you gliding through the Cairngorm National Park to reach Inverness. Discover the city, it's riverside walkways and coastline and sample a pint of local ale or fresh seafood in a cozy pub with castle views.
If you have longer to explore Scotland by train we recommend our Highlands & Isle of Skye: Rail & Hike trip, or treat yourself on our Luxury Highlands & Isle of Skye: Rail & Hike trip.