Our Commitment to Privacy
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. Macs Adventure Ltd ‘Macs Adventure Holidays’ ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. For the purpose of the Act, the data controller is Macs Adventure Ltd of Skypark 5, 45 Finnieston Street, Glasgow G3 8JU, United Kingdom.
Information we may collect from you:
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website www.macsadventure.com. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services or information from us. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion operated by Macs Adventure Ltd or when you report a problem with our site.
- Information that you provide at the time of booking, or subsequently, that may include some or all of the following information relating to you or your group: names, addresses, contact details, passport details, credit/debit card details, payment details, information relating to medical conditions and dietary requirements, emergency contact details, height, clothing and shoe sizes.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence but always in compliance with the Act.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
IP Addresses and Cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns only. For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
Where we store your personal data:
Any personal data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services.
By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take appropriate steps to safeguard your data in accordance with the requirements of the Act. All information you provide to us will be stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Subject to our compliance with the requirements of the Act, although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your personal data, we will adopt appropriate procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information:
We may use your personal data in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer. This may include us using your personal data in order to tailor the website to your preferences.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes via a form on our website or direct correspondence with one of our representatives.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us including to communicate with you regarding your booking or other purchase.
- To respond to queries you may direct to us from time to time.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
Disclosure of your information:
When you make a travel booking with us, certain of the personal data you provide will require to be passed to and processed and stored by relevant third parties, so that they can provide you with the arrangements you require.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or to protect the rights, property, safety of Macs Adventure Ltd, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We may disclose our customer list and personal information to a third party who acquires or attempts to acquire all or a substantial part of our company or website.
We may pass personal data to third party organisations that provide us IT or administrative services to us. We may use third parties to support us in providing our services and to help provide, run and manage our IT systems and website. For example, providers of information technology, cloud based software as a service providers, identity management, website hosting and management, data analysis, data back-up, security and storage services. The servers powering and facilitating that cloud infrastructure are located in secure data centres around the world, and personal data may be stored in any one of them.
When we share data with others, we will implement appropriate technical and organisations to protect the data and to comply with our obligations under the Act.
How long will we hold on to your information:
We will retain your information only for as long as is necessary for the purposes set out in this policy. We will retain and use your information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
You have certain rights over your personal data. These rights include:-
Access to your personal data
You have a right of access to personal data held by us as a data controller. This right may be exercised by emailing us at [email protected]. We will aim to respond to any requests for information promptly, and in any event within 30 days.
To update, correct or rectify any personal data held to us, you may email us at [email protected] with details of the required changes and we will make the necessary amendments.
Withdrawal of consent
You have a right to withdraw your consent to us processing your personal data at any time. To withdraw consent to our processing of your personal data please email us at [email protected].
Right of Data Portability
You have the right to receive any personal data concerning you, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit that data to another controller without hindrance from us. In exercising this right, you shall have the right to have the personal data transmitted directly us to another data controller where technically feasible.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, how and why we process personal data or wish to exercise any of the rights contained herein, please contact us at [email protected]
Changes to this policy
This policy will be kept under regular review and therefore may change from time to time in order to ensure our continued compliance with data protection legislation.