Associate Sales Director (North America)
Associate Sales Director (North America)
Competitive salary and bonus package with a base salary of $75,000 and on-target earnings between $90,000-$100,000.
Based in Denver, CO.
Are you an adventure-loving Sales professional looking to develop your career with a fast-growing, ambitious, multi-national company? We’d love to hear from you - apply now! Our team is seeking an Associate Sales Director who will drive significant revenue growth, customer acquisition, and customer satisfaction in the North American market.
As a senior member of the US sales team, the Associate Sales Director will report to the US Sales Director, Jasper Verlaan, and plays a big part in the expansion and success of Macs Adventure.
About Macs Adventure
We’re an adventure tour operator on a mission to be the leading global brand in self-guided, active travel.
Welcoming over 30,000 customers on over 600 walking and cycling trips to destinations around the world, we employ over 100 people across the UK, US and Germany who share our purpose to lead, advocate & enable self-guided, active travel as a positive force for people and planet.
We’re an adventurous business with an ambitious vision. Our aim is to triple the size of the business by 2026. We want to do this the right way and have set ourselves another important goal of achieving BCorp status within 2 years.
Our culture reflects these ambitions. We’re a fast-paced organization and we like to have fun along the way. We’re looking for people who can grow with Macs and join us on our journey. It’s not the easy route - we’re looking for people who enjoy challenges, love learning and want to make an impact and relate to our core values;
- Love the journey: A Macs trip is all about the journey, not the destination. We are all believers in Macs’ unique brand of self-guided, active travel and shout about it. As more travellers convert to the Macs Way, we accept our business will grow and change. We welcome new connections and embrace new opportunities. Carpe diem!
- Take a different path: We’re not different for different’s sake, but we won’t succeed if we’re just the same as everyone else. We devise creative solutions to problems, find new ways of doing things, and trust colleagues who are doing so, too. We are brave and feel empowered to take the initiative. We ask ourselves: is what I’m doing authentically Macs?
- Tread thoughtfully: We are considerate, empathetic and try to put ourselves in our customers’, suppliers’ and each other’s shoes. We support local and find ways of having less negative impact on the planet. We find ways of having positive impact on people and communities. We are fair, and we do the right thing.
- Go the extra mile: We know that creating a perfect #MacsMoment involves going that bit further. We imagine the best feedback we can get and set out to earn it. We take ownership and accountability – it’s yours, not someone else’s, problem. We step up and help our teammates when they need us.
What you’ll do
Recruiting, managing, and developing people
- This is the most important part of the role and where you will have the greatest impact on the team, customers, and business.
- Recruit, onboard, and train new Sales specialists.
- Optimize the sales process and ensure specialists adhere to it.
- Set targets, performance plans, and objective standards for sales specialists.
- Regularly meet with specialists one-on-one to review performance, progress, and targets. Deliver deep performance/development reviews for each individual specialist twice per year.
- Promote personal development of team though implementation of individual development plans annually and review regularly.
- Coach individual Sales specialists one-on-one to help them improve sales performance.
- Train, support and manage underperforming Sales specialists.
- Motivate and engage the sales team with monetary and non-monetary motivational tactics, such as sales contests, incentive packages, prizes, and public recognition.
- Unite the team: Ensure specialists work as a positive unit and share their best practices.
- Set a good example for the team. Work according to company culture and values, prioritize ruthlessly, use good communication, and deliver results effectively.
- Manage and work with the People Services Manager to ensure compliance and process employee requests or resolve grievances.
- Step in to lead the entire sales organization, with the other Associate Sales Directors, in absence of the US Sales Director.
Managing customer needs
- Maintain a deep understanding of the North American customer’s needs.
- Sell trips and answer customer questions during peak periods.
- Resolve escalated customer issues and customer complaints regarding sales and service.
- Support customers and management team in managing customer crisis situations.
- Develop strategies and processes to continually improve revenue per lead, customer experience and loyalty and team engagement.
- Work with the local Marketing function, that works in partnership with the Group Marketing team, to acquire and retain North American customers.
- Analyse sales data on sales results, customer experience results, and develop plans to address performance gaps; share in regular reports with Leadership.
- Work cross functionally to ensure projects and business initiatives are implemented across the sales team.
- Advance professional and technical knowledge by attending workshops and other educational trainings, participating in professional societies and industry networks, and reading professional and industry publications.
What you’ll bring
- People management skills including setting clear objectives, managing performance, giving feedback, and holding people accountable.
- Sales skills: Demonstrated track record of meeting and exceeding goals as an individual contributor.
- Interpersonal and team skills which enable you to get great results from external teams, business teams and management.
- Communication skills: Highly confident, competent, and articulate individual who can communicate professionally across all levels.
- Training, coaching and development skills which enable you to drive the performance and individual development of your team.
- Customer service skills: Demonstrated track record of managing customer feedback, complaints, and crises to drive continual improvement.
- Analytical and reporting skills: You use data-driven reports to track, report on and improve individual, team, and business performance.
- Problem solving skills: You proactively identify problems and bring solutions that will solve for the customer, team, and business.
- Planning and implementation skills which ensure that initiatives/projects run to time and budget whilst achieving objectives. 2+ years of experience in managing a sales team.
- 5+ years in a Sales role with proven track record.
- Must be able to demonstrate how you have scaled a sales team.
- Previous experience selling travel is a big plus.
- Experience in an international businesses a plus.
The role will suit autonomous individuals who thrive in nimble high growth, businesses, not corporate environments.
- Must be based in the Denver area. There is a hybrid home/office model with a minimum 2 days per week in the office.
The knowledge and skills we’ve listed represent “the perfect candidate”. No one’s perfect and we know the ‘confidence gap’ can stop brilliant people applying. If you love the sound of this opportunity please apply, we’d love to hear from you.
You could belong here
To deliver adventures for more than 300,000 customers we need to build a company that’s reflective of their diversity. We’re building an inclusive workplace that promotes and values difference, where everyone, from any background, can do their best work and be proud to belong.
What we’ll offer
As well as your salary;
- 37.5: A 37.5-hour work week.
- PTO + HOLIDAYS: Initially 15 days PTO increasing to 20 days after 6 years’ service, plus federal holidays.
- BIRTHDAY BOOSTER: An extra day off on your birthday!
- HEALTH BENEFITS: 80% Employer paid health, dental and vision insurance.
- TRAVEL INSURANCE: Free travel insurance for you and your direct family.
- FAM TRIP: Fully paid FAM trip to experience one of our adventures yourself.
- PRE-CHECK: TSA pre-check reimbursement.
- 401(K): Optional enrolment in the company 401(K) plan after 6 months.
- DISCOUNTS: Great discounts on Macs Adventure trips.
- FLEXIBLE WORKING: Hybrid home/office schedule with an inviting office in central Denver.
- GETTING TOGETHER: Regular team meetings and annual Macs Fest.
- CULTURE: You are part of a global team with opportunities to collaborate internationally with other offices and even work in them occasionally.
- L&D: Regular learning and development opportunities.
- IMPACT: The opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives and the planet.
- TRAVEL: Occasional international travel.
Please send your resume to Alex Fitterer at email@example.com to apply.