The Herriot Way
- Walk through James Herriot's Yorkshire, of "All Creatures Great and Small" fame
- The lush green rolling valleys of Wensleydale and Swaledale
- Hawes, a pretty market town and home of Wensleydale Cheese
- Take in views across Yorkshire from the summit of Great Shunner Fell
- Enjoy a pint of real ale and a Yorkshire roast dinner in a cosy Dales pub
This trip has a carbon score of 7kg per person per day, meaning it’s one of our greenest trips! For comparison, a carbon count of 7kg is equivalent to 1 single running shoe (not even a pair!).
Here at Macs, we pride ourselves on being a responsible travel company and continue to adopt, develop and innovate ways to positively impact the environment.
Find out more information about how we've carbon counted our trips.
The Biggest Choice
Around Since 2003
21,000+ Customer Reviews
At Macs, we don’t do tour buses, groups, or guides. Instead, we give you the freedom and confidence to have your own self-guided hiking or biking adventure.
This is active travel led by you.
You choose your departure date and who you travel with, we do the rest.
We sort accommodation and luggage transfers and provide your route in an easy-to-use app.
We give you everything you need to travel independently but we're here 24/7 if you need us.
Getting from A to B under your own steam is intensely rewarding. With Macs, you'll see the world, and yourself, differently.