Safety Advice & Coronavirus
The spread of Coronavirus (Covid-19) has captured news headlines worldwide and we know that it is very much on the minds of our travellers, regardless of the timing of their trip or the destination.
Our priority is, and will always be, to ensure the safety and well being of our customers and staff. We understand you may be concerned, but we are here to offer as much help and advice as we can to ensure that your adventure can run smoothly and safely.
The Macs Approach
We closely monitor and follow US Government travel advice via the US Department of State. Our decision-making for customer travel will directly reflect their Travel Advisory Levels, and any change in US Government advice will also change our approach to advice for destinations.
Please see our Resources section below for links to additional relevant information and useful websites.
Please contact our Customer Experience team if you have any questions or need any further advice.
Lastly, we are in regular contact with our partners on the ground who can provide local insight and relevant details pertaining to Macs trips.
Travel before 31 July 2020: How does this affect my trip?
We feel that it is our responsibility to postpone all trips* booked for departure up to and including 31 July 2020 in order to protect our customers, team and partners. If you are due to travel during this time, you will be offered the following options:
- Postponing your trip to a specific date any time before 31 July 2022.
- Postponing your trip to an unspecified date any time before 31 July 2022.
- Cancelling your trip and receiving a credit for 100% of monies paid to use against a future trip any time before 31 July 2022.
Travel After 1 August 2020: How does this affect my trip?
If your trip is more than 6 weeks away, we recommend that you wait until closer to your travel dates to allow for more information to present itself. The situation is ever-changing, and it is impossible to predict the status of travel for your dates. There is no further financial commitment necessary until your balance is due 6 weeks from travel. However, if you do wish to look at changing your plans, you have the following options:
- Change your destination - contact our Customer Experience team to find out what changes are possible for your trip. No cancellation or amendment fees will be applied (excluding Bike & Boat itineraries and other selected tours).
- Change your dates within the same year or postpone until next year - contact our Customer Experience team to find out what changes are possible for your trip. No cancellation or amendment fees will be applied (excluding Bike & Boat itineraries and other selected tours).
- Cancel your holiday - our standard booking conditions will still apply. Please contact our Customer Experience team to discuss the costs and timing for a trip cancellation. We would suggest you contact your insurance company to inquire about recovering any cancellation costs.